We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What information do we collect?
When a user registers on our website, our social media platforms or at one of our events, the information they provide includes but is not limited too;
- Contact information; name, postal address, email address and contact telephone number
- Age and date of birth
- Username and password
- Payment information; your payment card number, expiry date, security code and billing address
- Contact information for friends or other people you would like us to contact
- Content you provide on social media; like photographs, videos, reviews, articles and comments.
All information that you provide must be true, complete and accurate and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
How do we use your information?
We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfilment of our contract with you and compliance of our legal obligations.
We use the information we collect to:
- To send you marketing and promotional communications
- Provide services to you
- Create and manage your online account
- Process your payment
- Respond to your enquiries
- Communicate with you about marriage events, promotions, request feedback and other offers
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm.
- To protect our site.
- Operate and communicate with you about our social media activities
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies
Right Rishta owns the collected information and will not sell, trade or rent the information to others. We may use the information to continue contact with the user. This may include contact such as, follow up calls, email correspondence and/or mail correspondence to provide marketing information about promotions, new services or important website changes.
We also may use this information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Will your information be shared with anyone?
We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws to protect your rights or to fulfil business obligations. We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: we may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Performance of contract: we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfil the terms of our contract.
- Legal obligations: we may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law.
- Vital interests: we may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, terms, conditions and situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities or use as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
What are cookies? And why do we use them?
None of the cookies used on this website have an impact on your privacy so we will assume that you are happy to receive cookies from this site. If that is not the case, most browsers provide a setting to allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For more information about cookies, you can visit allaboutcookies.org.
How long do we keep your information?
Keeping your data up to date
We have a duty to keep your personal data up to date so at annual review, we will contact you to confirm that your personal data is still accurate and up to date.
If there any changes to your personal data, please make us aware as soon as possible by emailing email@example.com
How do we keep your information safe?
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our site is at your risk. You should only access the service within a secure environment. We do aim to protect your personal information, any access to your personal information is limited to a small number of personnel and on a need to know basis.
What are your privacy rights?
You have certain rights under applicable data protection laws.
This includes the right to:
- Request access and obtain a copy of your personal information.
- Request rectification and erasure of your personal information.
- To restrict the processing of your personal information.
- In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information.
To make a subject access right request, please send the request to firstname.lastname@example.org marked for the attention of the Data Compliance Officer. In most cases, we will reply within a month of the date of the request.
How do we protect your data?
Protecting your data is important to us and we have security measures in place to prevent your data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We also limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, vendors, contractors and other third parties who have a business. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breaches and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
In certain circumstances, you can ask us to delete your data. See the section “Privacy Rights” for more information.
Do we make updates to this policy?
We are committed to protecting your personal data but if you are not happy with how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO), the UK Supervisory Authority for Data Protection issues (www.ico.org.uk)
We would be grateful if you could contact us first if you do have a complaint, so we can try and resolve it for you.
How can you contact us about this policy?